Back to YarnBazaar.com

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Leon the Lion, or the Cowardly Lion from Oz?

As the holiday season approaches, a new, and I might add incredibly young, grandmother's thoughts turn to stuffed animals and ornaments. I found this free "Leon the Lion" Red Heart pattern that combines the best of both.

The original pattern called for various green hues but I wanted to go with something a little more natural but still striking. I decided to use a Cotton Supreme Beige from Universal Yarn for the body, Presencia Perle Cotton Black for the eyes of the Lion and a couple of different Eyelash yarns from our friends at Newton's Yarn Country.

 I thought the results were just great and so did my granddaughter Caelyn. Personally, it reminds me of the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz.

The pattern is simple. The most difficult part is gathering the various yarns and stuffing. That's why we decided to put this kit together for you. This is an easy weekend project so you have plenty of time to complete it before the holidays get into full swing. The kit comes complete with the three different colors of yarn used, perle cotton, the stuffing, and the free Red Heart pattern. Enjoy!

There are a limited number of kits available. When they are gone, they are gone forever...

Get your Leon the Lion kit now

No comments:

Post a Comment